Other Elements and Materials

Mining News Pro - Toronto-based Mountain Province Diamonds has announced the discovery of a new kimberlite at the Gahcho Kue diamond mine 280 km northeast of Yellowknife. The mine is owned 49% by Mountain Province and operated by De Beers Canada, holder of the remaining 51%.

Mining News Pro - The new partner will be using local talent to complete its scope of work, which includes all above-ground facilities, including concrete, steel and pipework; installation of equipment; electrical and control system work; building work; and site finishing.

Mining News Pro - Vancouver-based Western Resources Corp. says its subsidiary Western Potash Corp. has entered into a lump sum contract with Stuart Olson Prairie Construction regarding the first phase of construction for the company’s Milestone potash project 35 km southeast of Regina.

Mining News Pro - BHP says it is establishing a dedicated Tailings Task Force to drive enhanced focus on internal dam management plus support the development of international best practice.

Mining News Pro - Gascoyne Resources has moved into administration due to an expected material cash shortfall over the coming months.

Mining News Pro - ZEN Graphene Solutions (TSXV: ZEN) announced that it has signed an initial agreement to in-license certain intellectual properties from a Canadian university that, when combined with ZEN`s graphite from the Albany mine, produces low-cost, environmentally-friendly graphene.

Mining News Pro - The large, ongoing transaction will fuel the miner`s dump trucks and other heavy diesel equipment, which require in excess of 25 million gallons (94.6 million litres) annually - of about half of the India plant`s capacity.

Mining News Pro - As part of its commitment to improving water quality in British Columbia’s Elk Valley region, a number of research projects are underway to prevent nitrate from entering the environment and protect water quality in the region.

Mining News Pro - BHP has released statistics suggesting that the global uptake of electric vehicles (EVs) could be larger than the company initially anticipated.

Mining News Pro - American Battery Metals announced on Friday that it has significantly expanded the size of its Temple Mountain vanadium project in Emery County, Utah, USA.

Mining News Pro - Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) is pleased to announce the launch of the Horizons Global Uranium Index ETF. Units of the ETF will begin trading today on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol HURA.

Mining News Pro - BHP on Tuesday admitted to institutional investors it “overinvested” in its Jansen potash project in Saskatchewan where the Anglo-Australian giant has already spent $2.7B over nearly six years.

Mining News Pro - Alba Minerals (TSX-V:AA) announced that it entered into an agreement with Journey Exploration to acquire all of its issued and outstanding share capital.

Mining News Pro - Republican senators led by Lisa Murkowski has introduced bipartisan legislation to secure mineral resources and supply chains, reducing reliance on foreign sources. The new legislation – the American Minerals Security Act – listed lithium, graphite, cobalt and nickel as "critical minerals" to the auto and energy industries.

Mining News Pro - RCT has finalised a major automation project at MATSA’s Aguas Teñidas and Magdalena mines in the Huelva province of Spain.

Mining News Pro - Epiroc has introduced the fifth generation of the Rig Control System (RCS) for Pit Viper blasthole drilling rigs, a development it considers to be the “next evolutionary step” towards fully autonomous mining.

Mining News Pro - North American Palladium of Toronto has expanded the platinum group metals zone at the Sunday Lake property, 25 km northeast of Thunder Bay and 60 km south of NAP’s Lac des Iles mill.

Mining News Pro - Australia’s federal government has given the go ahead to Cameco`s (TSX:CCO, NYSE:CCJ) vast Yeelirrie uranium project, located 500 kilometres north of Kalgoorlie in Western Australia.

Mining News Pro - Vanadium redox flow batteries or VRFB are capable of providing free energy to power-deprived communities for more than to two years without hitches, a brief issued by VSUN Energy states.

Mining News Pro - Fission Uranium (TSX: FCU) has tabled a prefeasibility study (PFS) for its Patterson Lake South uranium project in Saskatchewan’s Athabasca region, outlining an open pit and underground hybrid operation.

In Picture